Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Annuals

O.K. I will be the first to admit that I do not know that much about gardening. I attempt to grow things every year with the best of intent. Weird things happen when I plant flowers or vegetable that were not in the directions or instructions. I can go to the store and buy tomatoes for instance and the plant will grow all summer and not make any flowers until Nov. or Dec. and then I will get a few tomatoes.  One year I will able to keep the plant alive until the following Nov.  Last year we planted annuals in the front flower bed and they died during the summer. We did not buy any more this year and in September marigolds started growing. I thought they were a one shot deal but apparently not. We had Easter Lilies and Gladiolas blooming in August. That is just weird. They should have come up in March or April and died by May or June. I live in central Texas. It gets hot here. It is a mystery to me but I am thankful for the pretty flowers and fruit and vegetables at the wrong time of year.
Image result for annuals
    Annual plant
    An annual plant is a plant that completes its life cycle, from germination to the production of seed, within one year, and then dies. Summer annuals germinate during spring or early summer and mature by autumn of the same year. Wikipedia 

No comments:

Post a Comment